Your transportation and traffic departments can greatly benefit from a partnership with a transportation and logistics company such as Adcco. Many departments are so busy with day-to-day operations that they don’t have the time or resources to conduct a strategic analysis of their programs.
To determine if a partnership with a transportation & logistics company like Adcco makes sense for you, consider the following questions:
- Is your shipping department overloaded?
- Are you too busy handling day-to-day activities to analyze or consider other transportation options?
- Do you have the visibility you need into all carriers, costs and performance records?
- Does your shipping department have the tools to capture and objectively analyze key metrics, e.g., bill of lading, costs?
- Do you have the time to review carriers every year and develop a strategic transportation plan?
- Does your shipping department have time to stay up-to-date on the latest regulations?
Benefits of a Third-Party Logistics Company
A third-party logistics (3PL) company can supplement your internal operations and give you an objective, fresh perspective for optimizing your transportation programs. The firm can analyze your requirements and internal transportation data, and annually review carriers to ensure that you are getting the best value.
Companies such as Adcco are experts in the field, in constant communication with carriers and up-to-date on the latest industry regulations and transportation laws. Because they are on top of emerging industry issues, you don’t have to be, and you can focus on your core programs.
How to Choose a Partner
One of the most important considerations is to find a company that truly has your best interests at heart. Consider the following:
- Is the 3PL structured to work on your behalf in an objective manner, or does it receive compensation from carriers?
- Does it have the expertise/knowledge of the industry and relationships with carriers?
- Are the contracts with carriers in your name?
- Is the 3PL partner available at all times and ready to jump in to help with all your needs?
- Are you in control? Does the firm provide you with knowledgeable options, but leave the ultimate decisions in your hands?